- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This place is available to all qualified prospects. Wastewater, Teamsters neighborhood 117 internal applicants will get consideration that is first. $1.00 each hour through the base wage shall be redirected towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, resume cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard hours that are working 40 hours each week. Candidates should be open to work any assigned routine. This position is exempt through the conditions for the Fair Labor Standards Act and it is not overtime-eligible.
JOB DEFINITION: The obligations with this classification include supervising personnel whom monitor, run and continue maintaining a wastewater therapy center, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents make sure conformity with appropriate neighborhood, Washington State and federal air, wastewater and security laws and needs consequently they are in charge of preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the job of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory obligations include employing, review and evaluate worker work performance and offer constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of a team in addition to planning that is long-range scheduling of the team. Ensure completion that is timely quality of work by the team. Take part in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition materials and equipment, keep stock, guarantee requisition procedures are followed while making budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for an assigned section of major construction tasks with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide expertise that is technical long-range special jobs; offer way to senior staff on unique projects.
- Assist staff that is senior scheduling and prioritizing work requests along with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and offer training to others and training that is maintain on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division along with other agencies’ responses to unusual occurrences and emergencies; simply just simply take corrective action as appropriate. Could be accountable for news contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, requirements and procedures.
- Run, monitor and control equipment and systems using complex personal computers. Be involved in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assume responsibilities that are operational the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes as well as other operations.
- Perform the duties associated with the other classifications inside the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be accessible to the office all change schedules, including rotating shifts; can be necessary to be on standby and/or status that is call-out at the mercy of after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced understanding of task management methods and maxims
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and systems that are hydraulic
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is remote control system for the gear and systems when you look at the initial, main and additional, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced understanding of expertise in the description and function of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to manage, run and monitor an important wastewater treatment system
- Advanced familiarity with experience with operating, monitoring, keeping and training regarding the gear and systems into the treatment that is preliminary, main therapy area, additional area, solids managing area as well as in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and using technical information from plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in maintaining and developing an effective working relationship with all the general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, downline as well as other workgroups.
- Advanced familiarity with advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater treatment systems and operations and odor that is complex systems and also to manage uncommon occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge within the application of participative workplace business axioms, like the company preparation procedure, the establishment of requirements and feedback, interaction, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective team meetings, problem-solving, choice creating and facilitation.
- Some familiarity with purchasing policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and workload that is short-term, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems including logs, reports, lab and procedure information, difficulty reports and work demands.
- Experience when you look at the application of security policies, procedures and techniques for restricted space entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous energy control, crisis response and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing straight right back injuries, breathing security, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other safety information that is department-wide
- Experience in advanced level training to generally meet or meet or exceed King County, state and federal laws
- Supervisory abilities to lead, coach and teach; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and simply simply just take disciplinary actions Communication skills (oral and written)
- Assessment and skills that are decision-making
Supplemental Ideas LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Certification
- CPR and medical official certification
SELECTION PROCESS: A process that is competitive are useful for this selection procedure. Post on internal prospects will include reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, interior guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any offer that is final. Outside prospects will need associates for sources.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
For lots more information about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific